Edited extracts of draft minutes of the Parish Councilmeeting held on 15th January 2019.
Finance & Legal
- The next meeting is scheduled for 21 January 2019. The council is on target with regards to the budget. A proposal for next year’s budget has been circulated and there is a meeting on 21 January 2019 to finalise it. A draft Reserves Policy is nearing completion.
- Options for investment opportunities were discussed which the Clerk will follow up.
- Applications for Sec 137 grant awards as recommended by the Finance & Legal Committee were considered. Resolved: To approve twelve Sec 137 grant awards as recommended by the Finance & Legal Committee.
Reports from other organisations.
- Village Hall
- The Clerk reported that bookings at the hall are looking healthy and several events are due to be held. The focus is continued fund raising to improve and upgrade the acoustics and sound system. There is a quiz night on 28 March and Open Gardens Day on 23 June.
- The AGM will be held in early March.
- Police Liaison
- The Clerk reported that DM Chainsaws had been broken into.
The meeting reviewed the latest budget situation and noted that things are satisfactory. The meeting agreed to consider a proposal for the 2019 / 2020 precept as recommended by the Finance & Legal Committee on 29th January. (At that extraordinary meeting on 29th January, the Council considered projected expenditure of £66,065 against projected income of £85,00, therefore agreed a precept for 2019/20 of £57,565)
Community Play Centre
The proposed new building was discussed. The meeting was shown a plan which defines the CPC boundary. It was suggested that the existing play area becomes the new building and that the land at the side is extended for a play area retaining the existing oak tree. An extended lease would be required. The Clerk is asked to approach CPC with this suggestion.
Quotes and Payments
The meeting considered a quote from Direct Fabrics to supply and fit new curtains for the Pavilion of £1970.19 plus VAT). Resolved: To accept the quote.