Edited extracts of draft minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 1th December 2018.
Planning applications – Considered out of meeting
- WA/84/18/HH. Willows, West Walberton Lane, Walberton. Extensions and alterations to bungalow including first floor extension. New garage with home office. Confirmed No objection.
- WA/90/18/HH. Chillerton Down, Yapton Lane, Walberton. Retrospective application for rear single storey extension. No action as the plans had already been approved by Arun.
- WA/92/18/HH. Lillypad, Yapton Lane, Walberton. Demolish existing conservatory, erection of single storey rear extension with balcony over and 2 No. new rooflights on south elevation. No objection.
- WA/95/18/RES. Land east of Tye Lane, Walberton. Approval of reserved matters following outline consent WA/44/17/OUT for the erection of 175 No. dwellings, car parking including garages, internal access roads, footpaths, parking and circulation areas, hard and soft landscaping, allotments, play areas/equipment & community orchard and other associated infrastructure and engineering works. This application may affect the character and appearance of the Walberton Village Conservation Area. No objection with comments.
WA/98/18/HH. Gable House, The Street, Walberton. Extension of existing crossover which may affect the character and appearance of the Walberton Conservation Area. No objection.
Planning Applications – Consideration in this meeting.
- WA/101/18/HH. Holly Tree Cottage, The Street, Walberton. Proposed first floor rear extension and detached single garage. Object
3.WA/102/18/L. . Holly Tree Cottage, The Street, Walberton. Proposed first floor rear extension and detached single garage. Object
- WA/89/18/L. 9 Walberton Park, Walberton. Retrospective listed building consent for a replacement 1.19m high privacy screen, affixed to the existing 0.48m high dwarf wall giving a total height of 1.81m to North and West sides of patio. No Objection
Community Play Centre
Consideration of plans for new extension. Given the oak tree to the north side of the existing play centre it was considered inappropriate to build there, but the Planning Committee were receptive to any a future proposal that used this land as a play area enabling the existing garden to the south to be used for the building of an extension to the building.