Edited extracts taken from draft minutes of the Tangmere Village Centre Committee meeting held on 4th June 2019.
A councillor asked for an update on minute 301-18 enquiring specifically, why, when the Committee had indicated it was receptive to taking the booking of the Stay & Play café, the café had been unable to secure that booking and had gone elsewhere. The Clerk reported her understanding that there had been confusion about the rate to be charged and that a lower rate had been initially quoted in error.
There were no nominations for the role of Vice-Chairman and the Committee decided that a the position was actually unnecessary.
Members received and approved the bank reconciliations for the Village Centre bank accounts noting that the bank balances recorded on the 31 May were:
- a) VC Business Reserve Account – £20,529.57
- b) VC Current Account – £740.96
Members considered expenditure and income on a monthly basis to 31 May 2019 and information relating to outstanding debtors. It was noted that both expenditure and income were within budget and there was a satisfactory excess of income over expenditure. It was noted that there were few outstanding invoices.
Members received brief updates on the following ongoing projects:
- Resurfacing of the Village Centre car park project has been deferred until after the master planning process.
- The Youth Hall works redecoration and refurbishment is largely complete.
- The Village Centre entrance project is now complete.
- An adjustable arm has been fitted in the Village Centre accessible toilet.
- Stage sound, lighting and projection project is now complete.
- There was also discussion concerning the Village Cafe.
Potential projects for New Homes Bonus 2019 were identified to be discussed at Finance Committee. The possibility of being permitted to maintain the “Saints land” immediately adjacent to the Village Centre car park was also discussed.
Date of next meeting 30th July For more information visit www.tangmere-online.co.uk