Edited extracts from the draft minutes of the Pulborough Planning and Services Committee meetings held on 6th and 20th June 2019.
Pulborough resident requests
Members noted the following concerns regarding a road safety audit (RSA):
- Residents are not able to park in the vicinity of their properties because of commuter parking.
- Arun Prospect is not a private road unlike other residential roads.
- The new car park as part of Willowmead development will not be fully utilised because of the high car parking charges and further parking issues in residential roads will arise. Members commented that the new car park must be in place before the installation of bollards on Stopham Road.
- The Station car parks are/will be run by a third party and the Parish Council has previously requested consideration of lowering car park charges, but to no avail.
- WSCC no longer install controlled parking zones as they have previously done in areas like Billingshurst & Haywards Heath as they have replaced them with the RSA programme.
After much discussion, Members agreed that PPC did not have the budget to conduct its own RSA and it was noted that there is no proof an RSA will resolve the issues. Members commented that Pulborough should be added to the WSCC RSA programme as and when resources permit, as suggested by WSCC’s Traffic Officer for the Horsham Area. Members agreed that PPC should work with the residents to help solve this matter.
DC/19/1133 – Roseacre Stall, House Lane, North Heath. West Sussex. Proposal: Change of use and construction of a new three bed house with an attached garage. Relocation of entrance. No objection.
DC/19/1014 – Stane Street Hollow, Stane Street, Codmore Hill, Pulborough. Proposal: Replacement of existing single glaze windows with double glaze (Listed Building Consent). No objection.
DC/19/0410 – Blackgate Lane Nursery, Blackgate Lane, Pulborough, West Sussex. Proposal: Demolition of existing storage warehouses and erection of 2 dwellings using existing access. No objection.