Council support for Pulborough-based businesses
As part of an economic support package a range of measures have been introduced including:
- Extra signage supplied to help keep on-street parking available for Pop and Shop users and to give clearer directions to Lower Street Car Park
- Two hours’ free car parking has been introduced for the Lower Street Car Park
- Footfall monitoring and business impact figures are being provided to improve understanding of the trading issues
- Web and social media promotions for individual Pulborough-based businesses have been launched
- Funding has been provided for design, print, photography and loyalty promotions
- Signposting to various channels with additional resources for business support provided.
The District Council is working in partnership with Pulborough Parish Council, Pulborough Trading Association and Pulborough Community Partnership to identify and implement effective actions to build business resilience at this time.
Horsham District Council Leader Cllr Claire Vickers commented: “We fully appreciate that this is a time of great anxiety for Pulborough’s workers and businesses, and as a council we are committed to doing all within our powers to make sure that the right economic support is rolled out as quickly as possible.
“We will continue to monitor the situation and amend the support package elements in place if required, ensuring that our local businesses can bounce back when this situation is resolved. Our thanks go out to all the various business- related partners who are helping us with this mission.”