National Careers Service helping you progress in the workplace
Are you looking for work? Considering a career change? Thinking about how you can develop your skills and prospects through learning or training?
The National Careers Service offers free, impartial advice and guidance to help you make career decisions, achieve your goals and to develop the skills you need to find a job or progress in your career.
To make decisions about your future, it’s important to know what’s out there and what’s right for you. Whatever stage you are at in your career, National Careers Service can help you understand what your skills are and what skills you might need to adapt to new jobs, circumstances and opportunities.
There are many options open to you when thinking about your next steps, and they provide information, advice and guidance to help people make the best decisions on learning, training and work. They’ll help you to:
- Explore your career options and aspirations
- Understand the local job market
- Develop or enhance your CV
- Search and apply for jobs
- Apply for learning or training online
- Review your skills and identify skills you may need in the future
- Feel motivated to implement your plan of action
If you want any support, just get in touch with one of their advisers. For more information call 0800 100 900 or to contact them via webchat, visit nationalcareers.service.gov.uk.