Edited extracts from draft minutes of the Parish Council meeting on 18th March 2019.
Hesworth Common planning application
An elector raised concerns about the planning application for the proposal to replace the existing equestrian buildings with a building to be used for stabling and an associated self-contained unit of holiday accommodation at the Stables North-West of Hesworth Common. The planning application will be discussed by the Planning Committee at the next public Planning Committee meeting taking place on 21st March 2019.
FPC were represented at a recent meeting run by South Downs National Park Authority (SDNPA), which raised the following:
- WSCC permission is needed to add information to fingerposts
- Ranger areas are being amended.
- Sussex Police reported that Countrywatch has been launched and they have adopted Farmwatch (which is focused on the theft and damage of farm equipment and resources). Access to all these systems can be gained via the Sussex Police “In the Know” website (www.intheknow.community)
- The police have property marking kits available
- There has been a spike in reports of fly-tipping. The police have worked with the Environment Agency and District Councils in sharing information (e.g. ANPR data). Organisations using waste disposal contractors need to show due diligence in checking that the contractors are properly authorised and licensed.
- Thefts from cars in rural car parks. There was a chase and arrest in December (case proceeding)
- Boxgrove ranger’s group is developing the ‘Windmill Trail’ to Halnaker Mill.
Roads and paths
A working party will spread scalpings along the School Lane footpath to prevent it becoming too muddy. The clerk reported (via the Love West Sussex App) the knocked down 30mph sign by the junction of School Close and School Lane on 6/3/19. No updates received to date.
The Clerk advised WSCC Highways that the repair work to the junction of School Lane and School Close had not been carried out in full.
Road Safety – Lower Street nr St Richards Cottages
Clerk to send another letter to residents.
Bowls Club Pavilion Roof Survey update
An email to follow from Roof installers to confirm roof is sound for 20/25 years.