Festive Christmas Wreath for Birds
- Pines cones
- Long twigs
- Garden wire
- Soft lard
- Mixing bowl
- Holly and other leaves
- Bird seed, breadcrumbs and grated cheese
- Dried fruits or unsalted nuts
How to Make the Wreath for Birds
- Twist together bundles of long twigs and fasten with wire into a ring.
- Squish lard into a soft paste in a bowl.
- Mix in bird seed, breadcrumbs or grated cheese.
- Smear over pine cones and decorate with dried fruits and nuts.
- Attach the cones to the ring with twisted wire.
- Decorate with festive greenery and hang up your wreath!
Guidance from Sussex Wildlife Trust
Keep birdfeeders and bird baths clean to prevent disease and parasites spreading. Keep bird food and tidbits like the wreath topped up over the winter months for a constant supply of food.