Workshop: How to write a memoir with Nick Boulos of Master Storytellers
The first of two Saturday sessions focusing on memoir writing. Memoir writing has increased in popularity, with people committing their own personal story to paper to preserve their tales for future generations. But doing any story justice is no mean feat.
With industry insight that can be applied to all forms of writing, Nick Boulos will guide people through the process. Featuring a panel of their most prolific authors, this event will arm you with all the tools and techniques to produce a memoir. Topics covered include:
– how to capture a unique tone of voice
– how to structure the narrative and work through decades of memories
– how to evoke a sense of place and describe people in dramatic detail
– how to write dialogue effectively
– how to convey emotions and control pace within the text
This event will run for 90 minutes in the United Reformed Church.
Child Age Limit: 18 and under
Name: Petworth Festival