We are delighted to announce the opening of the new Discovery Hub at Warnham Local Nature Reserve on Monday 25 October, just in time to host an exciting variety of free fun activities for the half-term holidays.
The Discovery Hub is a multifunctional space for visitors to enjoy, its unique octagonal design and floor-to-ceiling windows offer beautiful views across the Millpond.
Within the Discovery Hub you’ll find:
- Information about the industrial, natural and social heritage of our nature reserve
- Interactive displays to educate and inform
- Details of recent sightings and what to look out for during your visit
- Surrounding the hub is the newly renovated Shelley Wildlife Garden, named after the iconic poet whose love of the environment has inspired its design.
- Relaxing in the garden with refreshments from the Heron’s Rest café is the perfect way to start or end your visit.
Free Half Term Activities for all ages!
To celebrate the opening, this half-term from 25 to 29 October, the Council, in conjunction with the Friends of Warnham Local Nature Reserve and Sussex Wildlife Trust, are offering a range of free activities for children of all ages. From arts and crafts sessions to creative trails and nature activities that let kids get stuck into their surroundings – there’s something for everyone, book your free activity now: ww.bookwhen.com
Find out more: www.parks-and-countryside/warnham-local-nature-reserve.com