Changes to Council services on Monday 19th September
The Council expresses its deep sadness at this time, as they remember the lifetime of service given by Her Majesty The Queen. In order to support the community and staff in coming together to remember Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on Monday 19th September, the following changes to Council services will apply:
- Recycling and waste collections will not go ahead. Households due a collection on Monday will be collected on Saturday 24th and the Council will endeavour to collect as many properties as possible that have been affected. Bins will need to be presented for collection by 5am on the 24th as they will be starting early. All other collection days will remain unchanged.
- If your usual bin collection day is Monday check your bin collection calendar
- The Council offices at Parkside and Hop Oast Depot will be closed.
- The telephone lines will be closed but the emergency out of hours service will be available on 01403 215100.
- The Capitol Horsham will be closed.
- Warnham Local Nature Reserve will be closed. All other parks and countryside sites will be open.
- The Wellbeing Centre Horsham, will be closed.
- Horsham Museum and Art Gallery will be closed.
- All leisure centres will be closed. Visit the Places Leisure website for more information.
- Parking will be free in all Council car parks on Monday 19th September.
Book of condolence sites
Books of condolence are open at the Council’s public sites to enable residents and visitors to express their sympathy. Books are available at:
- The Council offices at Parkside (open weekdays 9am – 5pm)
- The Capitol Horsham (open Mondays to Saturdays 1.30pm – 8pm, Sundays 1.30pm to 5pm)
- Horsham Museum (open Tuesdays to Saturdays 10am – 4pm)
- There is also an online book of condolence on the Royal Family website.
Service of Commemoration and one-minute silence
A Service of Commemoration and Thanksgiving for the Life of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will be held at Horsham Parish Church of St Mary’s in The Causeway in Horsham on Sunday 18th September 2022 at 3pm, and everyone is welcome to attend.
The National Moment of Reflection will take place at 8pm on Sunday 18th September, the night before the State Funeral, and will be marked by a one-minute silence. The silence can be marked privately at home, with friends and family, out on doorsteps or on the street with neighbours, at places of worship or at locally arranged community events and vigils.
Community groups, clubs and other organisations across the country are encouraged to take part in the one-minute silence.