We will be bringing news from the activities of Walberton Parish Council on a regular basis, as and when there is news to report. We start by looking at the the Council’s aims and the work of each Committee.
The Council’s aims:
- To represent the interests of parishioners for the benefit of the community and give residents the opportunity to influence their future
- To create a socially inclusive and caring community which embraces all residents, irrespective of age, gender, culture, income, race or religion and to develop mutual cooperation
- To conduct council business in an open manner and keeping residents informed of issues and events through newsletters, meetings and the website
- To work in partnership with local organisations, agencies and other government authorities
- To manage the Parish Council’s assets and finances effectively and efficiently to achieve best value
Meetings take place in Walberton Pavilion at 6 30 pm, normally on a Tuesday and members of the public are invited to attend and participate at public question time. As well as regular Full Council meetings there are several committees that also meet; Planning, Financial and Legal together with General Purposes, and their work is divided as follows:
Planning Comments/recommendations on local planning applications; Liaison with planning authorities; Conservation issues that relate to planning; Structure and other local plans; South Downs National Park; Highways, including street lighting and traffic calming; Neighbourhood Plan – traffic; Cluster Liaison.
General Purposes Playing field; Play area; Pavilion and Parish office; Village green and pond; Car park; Bus shelters; Seats; The Pound; Grass/hedge cutting; Litter control; Dog bins; Rights of Way; Street lighting; Allotments; General Conservation issues; Village environment; Getting around.
Finance and Legal Annual budget / precept; Accounts; Internal Audit; Banking procedures; Insurance; Grant awards; Risk assessment & Health & Safety; Review of legal documents; Grant applications
Community Resilience Emergency planning including flooding.
Others Parish News, media; Village hall; Joint Western Arun Area Committee; Allotments; Police liaison; Community Play Centre.
August7th – General Purposes Committee