Edited extracts from the draft minutes of the Village Centre Committee Meeting held on 5 June 2018
Management Team reports
A query was raised as to whether Barnham Trojans under 13 football team really do require a full sized pitch; Cllr Birkett was to double-check and to clarify the team must hire the changing rooms – it is a package deal.
The accessible toilet was discussed and it was agreed to remove the rigid bar and assess further whether the provision was adequate.
- a) Tarmacing of the Village Centre car park – Cllr Irwin tabled plans for the resurfacing of the car park which had been submitted to Chichester District Council (CDC) for pre-application advice. The recommended material is a permeable paving product manufactured by SureSet (www.sureset.co.uk/commercial-paving/car-park-surfaces) although quotes for the work have yet to be sought.
- b) Replacement of the Village Centre front doors – ideally this project will link the youth hall/café and the foyer and create an air lock between the front doors and the foyer. A concept designer is required to develop the project.
- c) Village Fete (16 September 2018), Cllr Ware is leading this project and in his absence there was no further discussion.
- d) Village café – the pop-up café for the Royal Wedding had not been the success that had been hoped. More regular, routine opening should be pursued.
- e) Stage sound, lighting and projection – quotes received for the upgrade of lighting in the main hall were considered – total costs will be in the region of £25,000 and it was agreed to apply for New Homes Bonus/S106 funding for this project. An application is to be considered at the Finance Committee on 19 June 2018.
- f) Emptying of container – it is time to get rid of the contents of the container.
Painting of the main hall
A quotation received for the painting of the main hall and dado rail. It was agreed that a second quotation be sought and that the decision be delegated to the Management team to select the contractor for the work – subject to maximum expenditure to £1,250