A group of Paediatric High Dependency Unit (HDU) nurses at Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital (the Alex) in Brighton, have decided to try and help the The Rockinghorse Children’s Charity by organising and taking part in a children’s charity skydive.
The charity funds vital equipment and support for families that come to stay with in the hospital’s The Trevor Mann Baby Unit and also more widely across Sussex. The money raised from the skydive will go toward medical equipment, Co2 monitoring, Toni box audiobook readers, sensory equipment for special babies, visualise ceiling lights, woodland wellbeing days, and riding therapy.
One member of the group – Emma – has also organised a raffle, with prizes including
- A cake from Flour Pot Bakery in Brighton
- A voucher from Jo & Co in Hove
- A hamper from Tesco
- A pamper evening for up to 8 from Templespa
- Afternoon tea for two at the Grand Hotel, Brighton
- Cheese and wine tour for two at Bolney wine estate
- A piece of jewellery from Seb Sparks
To purchase tickets and sponsor the team, follow the link and donate to the Just Giving page and simply put “raffle” and your full name and contact details so you can be contacted if you win a prize.
The skydive is taking place on 25th September.